A glimpse of life of DSM
WHAT HE TEACHES
He is associated with Nahata Professional Academy, Indore since 2006 and teaching subjects like:
- Economics & Business Communication Knowledge to CA & CS Foundation students in India (they are the entrance exams equivalent to Foundation exams)
- Strategic Management & Accounting standards to CA Intermediate Students
HOW HE DOES IT
- Delivering theory subjects practically and experimentally to students.
- Capabilities to connect the present scenarios with the subject and bring in practical insights.
- Using techniques of live case studies, animated movies and role-playing games and unique Do it yourself (DIY) techniques to theory subjects to make them more interesting, challenging and easy to learn.
HIS WORK SO FAR
- Has developed mobile apps for students on economics to practice the content and questions with > 10000 downloads Play Store link
- Has published books for students on the following subjects:
- Economics for CA Foundation
- Business Communication Knowledge for CA Foundation
- Strategic Management Book & Summary Charts for CA Intermediate
- All the books have been published with 7th revised editions and each edition with a print run of 2000 books that have been consumed in full.
- Contributor as a faculty on the E-Learning portal of ICAI for Strategic Management & Business Ethics.
- Invited for Webcast on ICAI TV for ‘How to Prepare for Strategic Management’.
- A special invitee to the committee of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for Accounting standard for Local Bodies, since 2011.
- Participant at Strategic Management Forum Conducted by Indian Institute of Management, Indore.
- Delivered lectures at various National Conferences & CA Student Seminars across nations.
- Presented a case study before the launch of Tata Nano which was published by a leading National Daily.
WHAT HE DOES
- Training students of Chartered Accountancy at Entry level and Intermediate Level.
- Outbound training: Developed training modules and games with outdoor physical activity connected to the subject matter with marking key learning areas for groups as large as 360 participants at one go.
- Conducting finishing & grooming sessions for freshly Qualified CA’s preparing them for facing interviews and facing the corporate world and its challenges under the name “First Professional”.
As a Teacher & a Trainer
- Deepak Mulchandani is currently training students of CA & CS at Entry level and students of CA at Intermediate Level.
- He is also practicing in the area of systems Audit & Management Consulting for midsize & large clients.
- He is also the in-charge of placement cell of CAs initiated by NPA which helps freshly qualified and experienced CAs get jobs in big 4 accounting firms and other corporate.
- Furtherance, he also conducts finishing & grooming sessions for freshly Qualified CA’s under the name “First Professional”.
- He is a special invitee to the committee of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for Accounting standard for Local Bodies, since 2011.
- Along with the work he had developed an interest in reading behavioral Economics, fiction & developing case studies for students on contemporary issues.
Corporate & Industry exposure
In 2003 he started his career with Deloitte Bangalore, India and then worked for PwC Pune, India. He was also seconded to Deloitte London office for 3 months during the employment tenure. He has worked and led the teams of Risk Advisory & Assurance handling clients like Unilever, ITC, Titan Industries, Suzlon Energy Limited.
WHAT HE DOES
- Having worked with big four (Deloitte and PWC) being a part of Risk Advisory services he specializes in the field of internal audit, performance improvements, risk management.
- Practicing in the area of systems audit & management consulting for midsize & large clients.
- Conducting campus placement drives with Big 4 firms
- Finishing & grooming sessions for freshly Qualified CA’s to prepare them for facing interviews and facing the corporate world and its challenges.
- Worked with Deloitte (Bangalore) and PwC (Pune) for 4 years into the teams of Risk Advisory & Assurance as a member as well as a team leader handling clients like Unilever India Limited; ITC Limited; Titan Industries Limited, India; Suzlon Energy Limited, India; ABB, India Subsidiary; Tussauds Group UK.
- Went on secondment at Deloitte London office for 3 months during the employment tenure with Deloitte India.
- Also taught CA students in Bangalore and Pune along with employment.
Professional, Education & Graduation
Earning Chartered Accountancy degree in 2002. During his training, he participated and acted as Secretary of the CA Students Association of Indore, MP. He gained hands-on experience in the field of Auditing & Accounting Issues of traders, manufacturing concerns.
After passing his high school in 1996, he enrolled at DAVV where he earned a B.Com degree in commerce. After schooling along with the graduation he enrolled himself for Chartered Accountancy course with Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
Childhood & Schooling
He received his early education from Choithram School, Indore and finished his high school from Emerald Heights International School, Indore. He acted as a house captain in the school and was the preeminent and eminent person in leading and setting an example for the members of the house which comprised mostly of the newcomers which got him rewarded as the best captain of the school.
Deepak S. Mulchandani was born in Indore. His father worked as a contractor while his mother is a homemaker.